Please be aware of the following update to the business-to-business policy at the RMV Service Centers beginning on May 2, 2023.
Using the Business-to-Business Service in RMV Service Centers
The RMV provides the business-to-business (B2B) service to insurance agents and dealerships as a convenience for our shared customers. For this service to operate efficiently, it is critical that participants consistently follow the procedure below each time you either drop off/pick up a registration transaction:
1. Complete the fillable B2B Center Cover Sheet (you should download and save the cover sheet),
2. Visit the service center during regularly scheduled daily drop-off and pick-up hours.
3. Sign the Sign In/Out log sheet when dropping off and when picking up transactions.
4. Pick up your transactions in a timely fashion.
Note: If the work is not claimed within 30 business days and no payment has been made, the transactions will be discarded.
B2B Center Cover Sheet - Required
A B2B Center Cover Sheet is required for all B2B drop-offs at RMV Service Centers. The intake Customer Service Representative (CSR) must ensure that each individual drop or bundle is accompanied by a cover sheet that is completed legibly throughout the entire sheet.
The cover sheet must include all of the following information:
- Date and time of drop off (must be verified by CSR)
- Name of each individual business that the runner is dropping for
- Total number of transactions
- Last 8 digits of each VIN for each transaction
- Business name (of runner service)
- The printed name of the agent or runner
- Runner contact phone number
- Runner contact email
- Payment method
Note: A separate cover sheet must be used for each individual bundle.
Acceptable Transactions at B2Bs
The following registration and title-related transactions are offered through B2B:
- Amend Title
- Duplicate Title
- IRP transactions
- New Registration and Title
- Non-Resident Short-Term Registration
- Plate Swap
- Registration Transfer
- Registration Renewal
- Registration Cancellation
- School Pupil Transport and School Bus Registrations - Must be dropped at a designated B2B, which are: Braintree, Greenfield, Haverhill, Milford, Springfield, and Wilmington. This list is subject to change based on business needs, please check B2B locations.
Restricted Transactions at B2Bs
The following transactions will not be accepted through B2B:
- Transactions for customers of entities other than dealerships, insurance agents, or companies registering fleet vehicles
- Startup or ride-share companies using personal vehicles for business. Such companies must use non-B2B services.
- Personal transactions
- Permit, license, or ID card transactions
- Suspension transactions
- Dealers on the EVR program who have not made prior arrangements between EVR and Service Center Management
- EVR cannot process all registration transactions and some of those depend on the Service Provider of the EVR location.
- For example, no EVR locations can process plate swaps or amended titles. Some EVR locations can process a reactivation within a registration transfer transaction, while others cannot.
- EVR locations are trained to submit a screenshot of any errors that they cannot get around when processing an EVR transaction so that Service Centers are aware of the error and the transaction can not be processed through EVR.
- Go to Mass.gov/B2B for up-to-date information about B2B locations and processing bulk transactions.
- For the latest RMV updates and information, follow the RMV on Twitter @MassRMV.
Not on Twitter? By joining, you can easily retweet posts to support safe driving and roadways throughout Massachusetts.