Dear Professional Driving School:
The Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles (RMV) recently announced service improvements for all customers to facilitate the implementation of the Work and Family Mobility Act (WFMA). They include two new road test locations and expanded hours of operations at most Service Center locations.
New Road Test Centers
Effective today, July 5, 2023, Class D Road Tests will be available for all customers at two new temporary road test sites in Lynn and Revere. These sites will be staffed with RMV personnel and will not offer any transactions other than road tests.
- Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR) Connery Skating Rink, 190 Shephard Street
- Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR) Cronin Skating Rink, 870 Revere Beach Parkway
Customers will be able to schedule appointments online using the myRMV Online Service Center.
Extended Hours at Service Centers
Effective July 3, 2023, all Service Centers (except Attleboro, Chicopee, Easthampton, Greenfield, Martha’s Vineyard, Nantucket, Natick, North Adams, and Southampton) will have extended hours Monday - Friday and will be open between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- Seven locations will open on Saturdays, six of which offer road tests. Visit Mass.Gov/RMV for locations that are open by appointment on Saturdays.
- Service Centers operating on Saturdays will offer Learner’s Permit, License, and ID related transactions by appointment only.
Effective July 1, 2023, there is a maximum of 25 students (from 50) per class for remote instruction.
- Remote instruction will be required from your Driving School location (main or instructional).
- To ensure consistent and quality education, please adhere to: Remote_Instruction_Guidelines_04072023.01.docx (live.com)
The RMV website offers WFMA online resources (in multiple languages) including a:
- For the latest RMV updates and information, including for WFMA, follow the RMV on Twitter @MassRMV.
- For the latest MassDOT news and information, including RMV updates, follow MassDOT on Twitter @MassDOT, Facebook, and Instagram.