Winter Customer Savings event in Everett on Tuesday, February 21st at the Everett Senior Center, 90 Chelsea Street.
As the new year kicks off, National Grid is continuing to host in-person Winter Customer Savings events across Massachusetts where customers can meet directly with National Grid and other community representatives to find to manage increasing energy costs this winter heating season.
To date, National Grid has held six in-person Winter Customer Savings events, reaching nearly 700 customers, and providing them with program and payment options to meet their unique circumstance and need.
National Grid will restart these in-person events on January 10th in Lynn and will be joined by other partners to provide customers with the ability to:
- sign up for bill payment programs
- hear about options for direct energy assistance
- schedule energy audits
- speak to customer service representatives
- meet with regional assistance program leaders
“National Grid understands the increased financial burden rising energy costs have on our customers and communities and, with these events, we want to continue showing up for customers and let them know we are here to help,” said Helen Burt, Chief Customer Officer, National Grid. “We recognize this winter is challenging for a lot of people throughout Massachusetts, and National Grid is committed to helping customers get the assistance they need to manage their energy costs during this difficult time.”
Since launching our broader Winter Customer Savings Initiative in September, some 60,000 customers have enrolled in the company’s discount program, which provides eligible customers with 25-32 percent savings on their utility bills. An additional 12,000 customers have signed up for bill management programs.
Customers who attend in-person events will have the opportunity to meet with representatives from National Grid, who will be on-site to assist with billing issues and provide the following help for customers:
- Enrolling in the Energy Discount Rate (for qualifying customers)
- Enrolling in payment assistance programs
- Enrolling in Budget Billing
- Enrolling in the Forgiveness Program (for qualifying customers)
- Educating on available energy efficiency and savings opportunities for their homes and businesses
In locations where National Grid provides only electric or gas service while another utility provides the other, representatives from both utilities will be available.
Along with the advocates, partner agencies will be on hand to meet with customers, including:
- Local Community Assistance Program agencies for the federal Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) and other fuel assistance services
- Local Community Assistance Program agencies to assist with low-income energy efficiency services
- Representatives for Mass Save
In addition, agencies such as rental assistance organizations, the Massachusetts Good Neighbor Energy Fund, and other agencies that assist low- and moderate-income families and individuals will be available in some locations.
Dates and locations for energy fairs are:
- Tuesday, January 10 – Demakes YMCA, 40 Neptune Blvd., Lynn
- Tuesday, January 24 – Senior Center, 40 New St., Marlborough
- Tuesday, Feb. 21 -- Senior Center, 90 Chelsea St., Everett
- Thursday, Feb. 23 -- Senior Center, 440 East Squantum St., Quincy
- Tuesday, Feb. 28 -- Senior Center, 155 Haverhill St., Lawrence
All events will take place from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Events are continuously being added, and updated information can be found at ngrid.com/heretohelpevents. In addition, National Grid customer advocates are available to meet one-on-one with customers on the first Tuesday of each month, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., at the Worcester Sustainability Hub to discuss options to manage energy bills and help customers find assistance. The Sustainability Hub is located at 912 Main Street in Worcester.
National Grid remains committed to providing customers with a variety of energy-saving tips and billing options to help offset the increases in this winter’s energy prices. Customers in need of billing assistance or additional support can visit ngrid.com/heretohelp to learn more.